Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

squawk77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2013
tl;dr Disk Utility First Aid failed to repair OWC 6G SSD and I'm trying to save data before reformatting or replacing it

MacBook Pro 13" Late 2011 kept running slower and slower until it wouldn't boot anymore. I'm now using Yosemite on a partition of the original HDD

At first I didn't realize the SSD was hidden because it was encrypted so I tried to decrypt and mount it in terminal. It seems to show up now but very very slowly

I thought a SSD would either work or fail? What files should I recover while I can? The main thing I want to save is FCP project files

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
If your FCP files are really important I would invest in a copy of DiskWarrior. I have a failed Intel SSD and it's was the only thing that was able to interact with it. DW will let you mount the drive a copy. No guarantees but it may be worth a shot.

Reactions: Samuelsan2001

squawk77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2013
Thanks

I am now able to access the SSD in finder but it is extremely slow. I've recovered main user folders such as documents, pictures, downloads. My raw videos were stored externally

What else should I recover now while I can? I searched for kind:final cut pro libraries and I see all the fcpbundle files and backups. Are there other files I will need to restore FCP projects?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.