Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haiggy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Hi everyone,

I got an Apple Watch Series 3 Aluminum (no LTE) a few months ago when it came out.
Everything was working fine, no issues but now Siri and Dictation are not working. I hadn't tried to use them in awhile since updating to OS 4.2 I believe so I think that may have been what broke the functionality. I was in contact with Apple Chat Support and they've set me up with a Genius appointment to get it swapped out.

I have tried:

- Unpairing and restoring from backup
- Unpairing and starting as new install
- Turning off and on bluetooth on iPhone
- Tried on wifi, tried on LTE only
- Turnining off and on Siri on iPhone and Watch
- Turning off and on both devices

After setting up the watch as new and still running into issues you'd think it was limited to this watch itself and maybe the hardware. I made a phone call from my watch and my voice could be heard so I know the microphone isn't broken.

Does anyone else have a similar issue? How did you fix it? Is there a way for me to maybe download a beta version of the latest watch software and see if it works then?

Thanks

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
beta software on the watch has a decent chance of bricking the watch, so they only release it to developers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.