Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appleofmyibook

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2016
Hi,

I’m wondering if anyone can help me. Every device in my house and that’s ever connected to my Mac Bluetooth is on iOS.

I have now twice opened my laptop and gone straight into Bluetooth and the first time it said ‘Samsung Galaxy S9’ is connected and then yesterday it said ‘Pixel 3a‘ connected.

I know Bluetooth works based on proximity but the fact that it’s happening is spooking me. Has anyone else experienced this? What should I do.

FNH15

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
Hi,

I’m wondering if anyone can help me. Every device in my house and that’s ever connected to my Mac Bluetooth is on iOS.

I have now twice opened my laptop and gone straight into Bluetooth and the first time it said ‘Samsung Galaxy S9’ is connected and then yesterday it said ‘Pixel 3a‘ connected.

I know Bluetooth works based on proximity but the fact that it’s happening is spooking me. Has anyone else experienced this? What should I do.

As a last resort, you can hold down option+shift while clicking on the bluetooth icon in the menu bar, and select “Factory Reset Bluetooth Module.” There’s also an option to remove all paired devices as well.

I’ve never had this happen to me, but if it did, those would be my first steps.

Reactions: 0128672
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.