Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andreiphone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2017
i have a iphone 5, 16 gb, i google and YouTube a lot but can´t find a way that helps me jailbreak my iphone 5, any link or help guide to jailbreak IOS 10.2.1 for iphone 5 is very appreciated.
the links and videos I tried didn't work... maybe bc apple already have closed them.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
i have a iphone 5, 16 gb, i google and YouTube a lot but can´t find a way that helps me jailbreak my iphone 5, any link or help guide to jailbreak IOS 10.2.1 for iphone 5 is very appreciated.
the links and videos I tried didn't work... maybe bc apple already have closed them.
1. No jailbreak for 32-bit devices on iOS 10.x. Your iPhone 5 is a 32-bit device. Last jailbreak for 32-bit devices was iOS 9.1 although there are a couple of other ones for 9.2 to 9.3.x that require more than just tapping an icon.

2. Currently there is no jailbreak at all for iOS 10.2.1, 64-bit or 32-bit.

Reactions: Will22

andreiphone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2017
alright.. isn't there anything i can do to jailbreak anyway or is it too complicated to do ? how much can i downgrade ?
are there never coming a jailbreak for 32 bit devices ruining IOS 10.2.1?

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
alright.. isn't there anything i can do to jailbreak anyway or is it too complicated to do ? how much can i downgrade ?
are there never coming a jailbreak for 32 bit devices ruining IOS 10.2.1?

No you cannot jailbreak anyway. There is no way to jailbreak iOS 10.2.1 on any device period. You cannot downgrade either. You can only restore to a version that Apple is currently signing, which at this time is iOS 10.2.1. There may be a jailbreak in the future but nobody really knows at this time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.