Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bamfordj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2017
Hi. So I have a 11in 2010 air. I swapped the logic board for one from an a1465 and a few other things.

Then I realized the logic board I installed had the capabilities of a backlight keyboard. Sooooo I bought one off of eBay. And installed it. And IT WORKS.

BUTT..... The function keys are different because the a1370 had an eject button and no backlight buttons.
So now the backlight buttons don't work at as they should and the volume buttons are off a little.

I think... I either need someone's xml file from there library or someone way to remap these buttons.

And yes I'm well aware I have changed everything in this MacBook except the screen, mouse and the fan at this point. But it's fun!!!

Last edited:

Bamfordj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2017
Reinstall the OS to revamp the KEXT files. That should remap the keyboard and LB to the new format.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah tried that and to no avail. I read in another thread somewhere that someone that had a trackpad replaced. Had their keys swapped after. So they had to go to Apple Store and they had a program that could remap!!

But I don't want to do that!

ryguy92000

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City, UT
With the mis-matching of parts its hard to say what the exact problem is. Could be a track pad issue. Apple doesn't do hardware transplant well across models. Did you do a wipe and reinstall or just an overlay reinstall?

Bamfordj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2017
With the mis-matching of parts its hard to say what the exact problem is. Could be a track pad issue. Apple doesn't do hardware transplant well across models. Did you do a wipe and reinstall or just an overlay reinstall?
Complete wipe. I actually deleted the entire partition. Which was dumb. But it was a gurantie. Haha.

ryguy92000

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City, UT
Complete wipe. I actually deleted the entire partition. Which was dumb. But it was a gurantie. Haha.
then you're down to a hard ware problem. Replace trackpad and cable with the type appropriate to your MLB. You can try the apple store but that sounds like hocus-pocus with remaping the keys, (kinda like reinstalling the Kext...hmmmm)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.