Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Schmactor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2014
I made a post some time ago about a problem with putting my MacBook Pro to sleep, leaving it alone for hours and coming back to find that it was blazing hot, the screen was blacked out, and it was totally unresponsive requiring a forced shutdown and restart. I received some suggestions that it had to do with the "Wake for network access" option being turned on. Supposedly this has been known to cause this problem. I turned off the option since I never used it and the problem did not happen again. It has been months with no problems. But now, I would really like to be able to use it since I hope to be reaching my MacBook Pro remotely for the next few months. I recently turned the option back on, but have made no other changes and have not begun to use remote access at all. However, the heating and crash problem has immediately started again. Does anyone know what the exact causes of this problem really are? How can I fix it? I would really like to use the "wake for network access" option but not if it will keep crashing the computer.

tommiy

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2015
I would start by looking through the logs for the crash which should be available in console. That at least will probably provide you some where to start.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.