Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

breezeskies

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2023
I just purchased the Apple TV 4K 3rd generation box and installed the Plex App. However, there is no setting for Network in the Plex app to ensure that my Connection is fully secure. Previously, I had the Roku box and there was a network setting that said “Allow Insecure Connections” which I set to NEVER so that I can make sure my Connections at all times is always secure.

Can you let me know why this setting is not in the Plex app for my Apple TV box? And how do I know if my connection is fully secure when using Plex on my Apple TV box?

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
The connection is secured.

“Basically, in a default Plex setup, if you don’t see any information indicating otherwise, then the connection to the server is secure.”

breezeskies

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2023
The connection is secured.

“Basically, in a default Plex setup, if you don’t see any information indicating otherwise, then the connection to the server is secure.”

Thanks for your message it makes everything clear. With Apple TV isn't it always secure connection with any app?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.