Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

askthedust

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2003
enlightenment
I am trying to sell my old to g4 tower to a friend but my I have one problem. The color picker window is off screen on my monitor. The only one i have is an old 15 inch screen. I tried doing the workspace reset palattes thing but it didn't move the color picker back into the viewable area. Does anyone know how to reset the color picker window? I can't find anything helpful beyond the workspace thing by googling it or on adobe's site. I have been able to get the apple color picker to show up but not the adobe one. Any help is appreciated.[/I]

daveyhead

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2009
I'm having the same problem now

I used to have another monitor hooked up to my MBP, and would use Photoshop on the larger external monitor. I now don't have that monitor anywhere nearby, but it looks like Photoshop still is trying to display the color picker on it.

I currently use the highest resolution settings the computer offers, so when I changed my resolution to a lower setting, it only gave me even less desktop space in which to see windows. I'm assuming that's what you meant by "resetting display settings."

If there's something else I can do to reset them, please let me know. Or if there's another way to trick Photoshop into bringing back my color picker window, please let me know!

daveyhead

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2009
Yes!

Alright, I downloaded MercuryMover 2.0, an application that you can try for free, and which lets you move and resize windows without using the mouse. I was able to move the currently selected but not visible color picker window into view. Problem solved!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.