Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

is it unlocked already? or locked by walmart att or straighttalk?

• it is locked by imei

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Adam1988

macrumors regular
Original poster
HI EVEYONE!
-------------------

So in BLACK FRIDAY i went to walmart and bought 3 (iphone 6) packaged in the box...
i was wondering if apple made revamped iphone 6 for LATE 2017 to be locked to ATT in walmart?
i bought them because my mom and dad are pretty OLD SCHOOL...
so i was thinking i wanted to buy them newer tech and it came pretty cheap at BLK FRIDAY DEALS....

So my question is... Is the IMEI or the Carrier version LOCKED? to not be compatible with
tmobile? or verizon? or cricket? i just want to know because i saw them cheap price so i was thinking it might help my parents to use apple pay and be more updated...

thank you guys! here is the picture of the device! :)

Thank you everyone!

I HOPE THIS THREAD HELPS OTHERS AS WELL :)

$_86.JPG

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I can't say this with 100% confidence (as I'm not in the US), but I think it'll have a logo on the back of the box if it's locked to a particular operator. They certainly used to, but I don't know whether it's still the case.

Adam1988

macrumors regular
Original poster
I can't say this with 100% confidence (as I'm not in the US), but I think it'll have a logo on the back of the box if it's locked to a particular operator. They certainly used to, but I don't know whether it's still the case.

Where you from though? i am trying other methods as well but i want them for xmas presents for my parents... THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IS GREAT THANK YOU!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.