Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Despite its many flaws, Siri used to be my go to for weather. While dressing, I would ask, "what's the weather like today" and would get a full forecast: "Currently, it is 50 degrees. Today will be cloudy in the morning with a chance of rain. The afternoon will be sunny with a high of 76 degrees."

Lately, with the same question, I get nothing more than "Today looks like it will be cloudy". That doesn't help. I have to ask several questions of "what is the current temperature?", "what is the high and low?", and "will it rain today?". Asking for a multi-day forecast is a non-starter.

I am not sure what Apple is planning for Siri, but weather was a positive note that has become utterly useless. Anyone else have similar experiences with other sections of Siri? In a world where AI is the the name of the game, it boggles the mind how Apple of all companies puts forth such an embarrassing effort (or lack thereof).

Last edited:
Reactions: !!!

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Apple's plan for Siri is to make it even more fcuking useless than it already is...and that's a low bar!

The whole Siri management should be thoroughly ashamed of how inept, useless, unreliable it is! Actually, sack them and get some monkeys in!

eicca

Suspended
Oct 23, 2014
Apple has a history of taking things that are actually somewhat usable and dumbing them down to brain-dead irrelevance. This sadly is just another instance.

Reactions: !!! and StumpyBloke

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
Siri used to be my go to for weather. While dressing, I would ask, "what's the weather like today" and would get a full forecast: "Currently, it is 50 degrees. Today will be cloudy in the morning with a chance of rain. The afternoon will be sunny with a high of 76 degrees.
Maybe it’s a regional thing. I just asked Siri “what’s the weather like today” and got the exact response you mention - full details. Works very well for me and I’ve been quite impressed how it‘s been improved. I forget to use it for a while and then when I do, sometimes after posts like this, I’m very pleased.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.