Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dandotcom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2018
I was talking about “Siri” today and Siri popped up on my iPhone 14 pro and thought it was strange but then remembered Apple talking about dropping the “Hey” so I tested some more and to my discovery, to activate “Siri” all I have to say now is “Siri” and she pops up! Anyone else?!

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
Yes, she works in retail and had to change her nametag to a different name because some customers thought it was amusing to ask her random questions.
She could just keep saying, "I don't understand"; "Here is what I found on the web"; or even "Here is the number to your local substance abuse hotline..."

and the customers would get tired of it very quickly just like we do Siri on the phone.

• Haha
Reactions: Thoradin

onenorth

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2021
She could just keep saying, "I don't understand"; "Here is what I found on the web"; or even "Here is the number to your local substance abuse hotline..."

and the customers would get tired of it very quickly just like we do Siri on the phone.
Yeah she toyed with them for a bit but it got old quickly. Better to be an anonymous worker bee.

mittencuh

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2012
Colorado Springs
I've felt bad for her since 2010. She's never liked her name (it's Scandinavian even though she isn't) but Apple made it worse. And now some baby name lists have blacklisted it so it's not likely that anyone else is being given that name anymore.
I've heard the same from people named Alexa too. Brutal :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.