Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZestyOne

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2009
Paradise
This is so infuriating, and I'm hoping theres a way (via plist files or whatever) to fix it...

Spotify force-adds an icon to the 'collapsed' view of the clamshell view of the touch bar (the one you can customize).

This wouldn't be bad if their custom icon SHOWED UP in the 'customize' screen but when you go there, it disappears so you can't customize it (aka get rid of it).

Worst of all, their stupid icon makes all the icons I actually want about 50% as smaller to make room for their fat-ass icon cramming itself in there.

How do I get rid of this trash, it's literally useless.

It pisses me off that apps even get to interface with the touchbar... IN the section thats supposed to be customizable, and it prevents the user from actually ****ing customizing it.

ag29

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2014
Delete Spotify. Try reinstalling it. If that doesn't fix it then your only option is to report it to Spotify and just delete the app and use the web version of Spotify.

Reactions: Queen6
Jul 4, 2015
Paris
Not on mine.

I have the TB set to:

Show App controls only

Show full control strip when pressing fn

This is the best config and uses less power when not in use

devrules81

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2010
Spotify added it in their latest update. No way to change it. The same icon shows up for when you're playing youtube or iTunes and switch apps.

https://9to5mac.com/2016/12/23/spot...on-adds-support-for-apple-airpods-auto-pause/

"The company has also integrated Spotify into the Touch Bar’s Now Playing view. When a Spotify playlist is running, the Control Strip will show a persistent ‘now playing’ icon. Simply tap on that to reveal a scrubber for the current song as well as play, pause and skip buttons."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.