Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macguyincali

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
High performance screen sharing (HPSS) works great when it works. I have a MacStudio M1 and MacBook Pro M3. I am able to connect using HPSS when going from the MacStudio to the MBP, but when I attempt the reverse (MBP to Studio) I get a gray screen. The MBP is in the same room as my Velop node / router connected via Wifi (TX rate varies from about 500 to 900Mbps when I option click the wifi menu dropdown). The studio is connected via GB Ethernet to the Velop node. Interestingly, when I'm in the garage (which has its own Velop node), I AM occasionally able to do high performance screen sharing from MBP to Studio. The Studio, incidentally, has two screens, but in high performance mode, it gives me an option of creating a single screen desktop which is the option I always use. In non-performance mode (regular) it displays both screens by default. Anyone have this problem and/or suggestions? Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.