Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Espnetboy3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2003
Anyone know any good places on the net for qood quality pics to do digital matte paintings with and what not. Free ones would be great but any that are watermarked would be fine just to get some practice in. Interfacelift.com has some high quality wallpapers and pictures

Espnetboy3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2003
Thats a very cool site. I wish they had even more. Thanks for the reply. Anyone else?

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
Espnetboy3 said:
Thats a very cool site. I wish they had even more. Thanks for the reply. Anyone else?
if you want really high-res you could use the samples from medium format digital back manufacturers' website (hasselblad, mamiya, phaseone, etc.--22+ megapixels :eek: )

also maybe try http://www.sxc.hu its a free-for-personal-use stock photo site.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Espnetboy3 said:
Anyone know any good places on the net for qood quality pics to do digital matte paintings with and what not. Free ones would be great but any that are watermarked would be fine just to get some practice in. Interfacelift.com has some high quality wallpapers and pictures

What exactly do you need. digital cinema formats are either 2K or 4K. a 4K image is about what you get wit a high end DSLR. Just ask anyone with a Canom 11MP camera to email you a phto.

I have a couple 10,000 pixel wide images I made by compositing a bunch of smaller images I made with a small P&S canon a85. You could do the same your self. Just go to the park and make a anorama. Use a tripod it you do.

snap58

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2006
somewhere in kansas
Abstract said:
I don't think you're gonna get photos any bigger than the ones from the Gigapixel Project. :eek:

Gigapixel?

Besides being low res (1920 px) they are copyrighted so if you come up with something really cool, well it's not yours. Find a friend with a higher MP Camera and see if you can use it. Even an 8 MP is 3500 x 2300 and can be increased with good results in most editing programs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.