Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevinski25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2006
Hey there everyone,
So I just graduated High School yesterday, and during the ceromony I gave my Canon Rebel XTi to my aunt to take pictures of the entire event. She told me when I got home, that the camera said there was a memory card error, so I took a look at it.

There were pictures on the camera that I had taken before, but when I got to where the Graduation pictures would be, there was only "Corrupted Image" I lost almost 30 pictures of graduation.

My question is, is there any way to recover them? Any way to get those "Corrupted Image" pictures back? When I plug the camera into aperture, it says there is nothing on the card, even though when I look at the camera there is the pictures from before, and the "Corrupted Image"

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you so much,
Kevin :apple:

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
When I clicked on this thread I expected to hear a hilarious story from some pro photographer who had to shoot a grad ceremony for a highschool and then, much to his horror, lost all the images...

Unfortunately I can't really help in either situation.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Might be worth trying a program like PhotoRescue. You can download it and see (for free) whether or not it's going to be able to recover some/all of the lost photos. If they're there, then you pay the fee and it'll recover them.

I've only used it once, but I thought it was worth the $29.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
This is the worst feature that is shared by all modern cameras. They ALL uset the old FAT32 file system on the memory cards. There is not technical reason for this. It is only by convention that they use FAT. I wondr if one of the camera makers will ever get brave and offer the option to use a modern journaled file system. It woud prevent most ofthese kind of problems. FAT was invented back in the DOS era back in the days when home computers did not have hard disks and ran off floppies. And it was a poor obsolite design even in it's day.

kevinski25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2006
Might be worth trying a program like PhotoRescue. You can download it and see (for free) whether or not it's going to be able to recover some/all of the lost photos. If they're there, then you pay the fee and it'll recover them.

I've only used it once, but I thought it was worth the $29.

Thank you so much! I am trying it right now, and its already found over 60 pictures! We'll see how it goes!

Thanks guys for all your help!

arogge

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2002
Tatooine
These things always seem to happen at the most inopportune moment. I hope that you get your images back, and that they are sharp and in-focus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.