Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rontro809

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2018
Hello,

I have recently added an SSD External drive to my Mac Mini (Late 2014). I connected the drive via ThunderBolt II. I used Carbon-Copy to move the OS and data to the drive. I then renamed it and changed the system start-up disk using System Preferences. I moved a lot of the large data files to the Internal drive and renamed the system folders to avoid any confusion ( I plan to delete those later on). I noticed that the SSD was running a bit warm, so even bought a small fan for it and it is now running quiet and cool.

Everything went surprisingly well. The speed increase was impressive and I only had to deal with some minor setting issues. At first Google Drive was confused, but after resetting that it worked perfectly as well.

Now the problem: The latest supplemental update for High Sierra 10.13.3 was released in mid-February. Try as I might I cannot get this to install. It runs through the procedure and when finished gives me the error, "Unable to install all updates automatically" I am given the choice of Install or Details. If I select to install it does nothing. If I select Details It takes me to the update page and asks to install. If I click install it does nothing. I have tried a few things including CMD+OPT+P+R (Reset NVRAM). No Luck Yet.

Any Ideas or Help?

-Ron

Model Name: Mac mini

Model Identifier: Macmini7,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Boot ROM Version: MM71.0226.B00

SMC Version (system): 2.24f32

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.