Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shackss

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2015
Since I've upgraded to Bug Sierra these two processes are always eating up my CPU and I can notice drop in frames when dragging windows around the screen. Of course, performance also takes a hit and doing tasks in various applications take 1-2 second longer.

Main applications I use are Safari, Adobe PS, IL, INDD, Sketch, Trello, Mail, Wunderlist, Evernote, Calendar, Reeder, Spotify, Sublime and Skype. DIdn't had this problem on Sierra.
A restart fixes the problem for a while and then it starts eating CPU and I can't use it anymore.
Can anybody help me solve this? What do I look out for and where exactly?

Not to start a rant, but this upgrade which is supposed to be under the hood improvement looks like it blew the hood and bugs, maggots and critters started coming out of nowhere. Learned my lesson with Micro... pardon, Apple. Next time I'll upgrade after they patch their ****.

Shackss

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2015
Problem is that my CPU is suffering, not RAM. I have two displays of 2560x1440. They worked great on Sierra.
Looking at similar threads, it seems this issue popped when Yosemite was released too.
Every day I start thinking if there are similar problems on Windows too because I'm getting tired of this stuff. It's messing with my workflow and it only reminds me of Windows XP days when everyday something was broken and required a fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.