Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mozz2020

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2009
UK
Hi all - any recommendations for hiring a Macbook Pro in the UK?

Looking for something to keep me going until the new 16” M1 equivalent is released.

Thanks

Longkeg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2014
The Nation’s (US) Oldest City
Just checking: by “hire” you mean rent... is that correct? UK English vs American English can be confusing.

I suspect you won’t get a huge response because most people on the forum own multiple Macs and will find any excuse to buy more. So, not a lot of Mac renters here. Having said that though, if I Google “rent Mac book uk” I get several hits. Maybe one will suit your needs.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Hi all - any recommendations for hiring a Macbook Pro in the UK?

Looking for something to keep me going until the new 16” M1 equivalent is released.

Thanks

It'll be horribly expensive. Short term rentals where you can cancel early will probably set you back something like £20 a week...

You OK with throwing away an easy £500-£600 just to "keep you going"?

mrsmith1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2017
Nottingham, England
I’m not sure of ever heard of anywhere here in the UK that hires/rents Macs or any other laptops or desktop computers. Then again I’ve never looked. Wouldn’t you be better off buying a second hand/reconditioned Mac?

mozz2020

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2009
UK
Just checking: by “hire” you mean rent... is that correct? UK English vs American English can be confusing.

I suspect you won’t get a huge response because most people on the forum own multiple Macs and will find any excuse to buy more. So, not a lot of Mac renters here. Having said that though, if I Google “rent Mac book uk” I get several hits. Maybe one will suit your needs.

Yes I do mean rent. A Google search does bring up quite a few, this why I wondered if anyone had personal experience.

It'll be horribly expensive. Short term rentals where you can cancel early will probably set you back something like £20 a week...

You OK with throwing away an easy £500-£600 just to "keep you going"?

No, but I am ok with doing a bit of research. If I’m looking at that sort of cost a refub / M1 Macbook Air might be an option.

Thanks all.

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
If I’m looking at that sort of cost a refub / M1 Macbook Air might be an option.

That would be your best option. A refurb M1 MBA and at least you can sell it later and get something back which in the long run will work either the same or better without the issue of renting and the liabilities it can bring.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.