Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maxim.uvarov

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2019
So my left speaker or something in that region makes a noticeable hissing sound.

I'm sure that this sound isn't from the fan - because it stops after rebooting (while fan goes on the same 2150RPM).

I’m sure that I had no such sound for the first year of using my laptop.

As for me sometimes this sound activates with the use of the speaker and stops after a short time. Sometimes not.

I found that some users report such problem

Does anybody happen to have and advise how to repair it? Or can users with others MBP confirm that they have such sound? How common this problem?

maxim.uvarov

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2019
And there is a strange detail: the volume of this sound varies greatly! And I have no idea why.

DDTech

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2020
Nope:( But I get used to it. Looking forward to buying next mac and checking the sound before the buy.
Hi! It’s weird, I have the same issue with the MBP 13 2020. But it’s new (I bought it few days ago) and I’m not sure what should I do - return or keep (if it’s “normal” behavior of the macbook and the best thing to do is to wait until Apple fix the issue)

maxim.uvarov

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2019
Hi! It’s weird, I have the same issue with the MBP 13 2020. But it’s new (I bought it few days ago) and I’m not sure what should I do - return or keep (if it’s “normal” behavior of the macbook and the best thing to do is to wait until Apple fix the issue)
Hi :) I read about guys, who replaced their macbooks and received new models with the same problem.
I'm sure that my MBP makes this noise with different volume from time to time. Sometimes it is loud, and sometimes it is barely noticeable...
At your place, I wouldn't hope that Apple is going to fix this issue. If it isn't complicated for you to ask apple for repair or replacement, I think it worth doing it.

DDTech

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2020
Hi :) I read about guys, who replaced their macbooks and received new models with the same problem.
I'm sure that my MBP makes this noise with different volume from time to time. Sometimes it is loud, and sometimes it is barely noticeable...
At your place, I wouldn't hope that Apple is going to fix this issue. If it isn't complicated for you to ask apple for repair or replacement, I think it worth doing it.

Thank you for the reply!
I think you're right...the main problem is that in a country I'm from it's easier to return the Mac than to get it repaired. If I try to repair it by warranty they will take it for up to 2 months for testing/repairing and considering to the fact that there is no guarantee that the issue will be eventually fixed, the best way to deal with it for me is to work with headphones :)

Reactions: maxim.uvarov
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.