Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KeegM480

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Here is what I am wanting to do,

Move my 500GB HD to the optical bay with a caddy. Replace the 500GB with a 128GB Samsung SSD.

If I set this up as a Fusion Drive would I have battery drain issues? I really need good battery life.

I have seen that some people have battery life drain. Should I be concerned or is this an unlikely issue?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Here is what I am wanting to do,

Move my 500GB HD to the optical bay with a caddy. Replace the 500GB with a 128GB Samsung SSD.

If I set this up as a Fusion Drive would I have battery drain issues? I really need good battery life.

I have seen that some people have battery life drain. Should I be concerned or is this an unlikely issue?

Thanks in advance

The battery drain issue is more likely due to the fact you would be running an HDD and an SSD as opposed to just an HDD. Don't believe Fusion itself causes more battery drain than would be experienced in a non-fusion dual-drive system.

KeegM480

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
The battery drain issue is more likely due to the fact you would be running an HDD and an SSD as opposed to just an HDD. Don't believe Fusion itself causes more battery drain than would be experienced in a non-fusion dual-drive system.

OK cool. Thanks :) Hopefully it wont be too bad!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.