Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baltojoe75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2020
When I access the apple tv app on my Ipad or Iphone , I am only able to see a few items that I purchased from the app store. I cannot see my home sharing folder on Itunes on my pc. I can access everything fine on the apple tv connected to my tv without any problem, I am running Windows 10 and Itunes 12.10.4.2 and my ipad and phone are up to date. I have no issues connecting to the computer with other apps such as plex from my ipad and phone.
Ive done the shut down and restart everything
The computer, Ipad and Iphone are all connected to the same wifi network.
Home sharing is turned on for all devices and connected to the same account.
No other firewall installed other than windows.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
When I access the apple tv app on my Ipad or Iphone , I am only able to see a few items that I purchased from the app store. I cannot see my home sharing folder on Itunes on my pc. I can access everything fine on the apple tv connected to my tv without any problem, I am running Windows 10 and Itunes 12.10.4.2 and my ipad and phone are up to date. I have no issues connecting to the computer with other apps such as plex from my ipad and phone.
Ive done the shut down and restart everything
The computer, Ipad and Iphone are all connected to the same wifi network.
Home sharing is turned on for all devices and connected to the same account.
No other firewall installed other than windows.
So when you go to AppleTV.app, and tap the “Library” tab on the bottom center of the toolbar, you aren’t seeing “Home Sharing” appear in the left column at all? Or does it appear, but tapping on it does not list your library?

Richard8655

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago suburbs
This happened to me too the other day. Then Home Sharing and its related folder later appeared in my iPad's Apple TV. I don't know if it had to do with my accessing the computer during that time, but maybe check that it's not in sleep mode and iTunes is up and running.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.