Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sethal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2014
I am in charge of our family plan. I am also in charge of the HomeKit set up in our house. My HomeKit access is shared with the members of my family who each have their own Apple devices and live with me.

Each one of them have their own Apple TV’s in their rooms and are logged in with there own accounts. On my Apple TV which is logged in with my Apple ID, I can control the devices that are in HomeKit right with the Siri remote. My Apple TV is also available as a Hub on HomeKit and available for Airplay 2.

However, the rest of my family’s Apple TV’s are logged in with their own Apple ID’s (Mainly so they can track their own stuff in the TV App) and even though their Apple ID’s have been granted HomeKit permissions their Apple TV’s do not allow them to control HomeKit devices or function as an Airplay 2 receiver.

I’ve searched far and wide and can not find a solution to this. Their iPads and iPhones all allow then to use the HomeKit devices, but I cannot for the life of me figure out a way to connect their Apple TV’s to our home without logging out of their Apple ID’s and logging into mine.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
AppleTV is a hub first and foremost. So under a different iCloud address its ready to setup a different Home under that iCloud. Invites/permissions can only be sent, received, accepted and used by iOS and MacOS devices with dedicated Home apps.

At least that is the way I understand it.

Reactions: JBaby
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.