Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kkclstuff

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2015
NYC
HI, There are alot of light switches for HomeKit but they're all new 'Paddle' style. Are there any "traditional" toggle switches here in the US?

closest I got so far:
  • I see the 'C by GE' which is close, but they are single gang and I need two sidebyside (they don't make a double plate?!) Not HomeKit compatible (though oddly enough listed on a few centric websites for HomeKit?)
  • Considering the Shelly Dimmer (keeps the original toggle but I think it requires Homebridge and not a simple HomeKit plug-n-play option)
Any links / info greatly appreciated
thanks

Last edited:

kkclstuff

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2015
NYC
Bueller?.gif

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
I'm only aware of Decora style (Eve and Lutron to name two) but if you're not up for replacing other switches, you can find mixed faceplates at hardware stores for instances where you have multi-gang and only want one smart switch.

Like these for example: https://www.amazon.com/Leviton-PJ126-W-EMW3824968-1-Pack-White/dp/B003B92NOI/

I did that in a couple of places and it looked fine, although I subsequently updated all the switches in the house to Decora style just because I'm a uniformity freak :)

Reactions: kkclstuff

kkclstuff

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2015
NYC
yeah, I'd like to avoid a total swap (Just seems wasteful to replace functional switches) and Im also a 'uniformity freak' so dont want mismatched switches on plates. The proverbial "rock and hard place' LOL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.