Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vpr611

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
Does anyone know if HomeKit has an easy way to add delays to actions? I have tried searching but havent had any luck, for example if I add an Elgato Motion Sensor is there anyway to have it turn on a device after say 15 seconds?

TheCheapGeek

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Does anyone know if HomeKit has an easy way to add delays to actions? I have tried searching but havent had any luck, for example if I add an Elgato Motion Sensor is there anyway to have it turn on a device after say 15 seconds?
If you install and run homebridge there is a plugin that creates a dummy switch with configurable delays. They work as expected but I am still working out bugs with homebridge i believe are related to the MYQ/liftmaster plugin.

jljue

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2011
Brandon, MS
The only thing that I can think of like The CheapGeek said is use a dummy switch plugin for HomeBridge or use a plugin for a smart hub (I use ISY-994i) that has programming capabilities. However, I seem to have a problem where my motion triggers in HomeKit work less than 50% of the time, so I end up using my ISY994i for motion activation and programming and use HomeKit for time-based events and Siri voice commands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.