Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WeatherWeasel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
Des Moines, Iowa
Of late, my homepod will be playing an apple music selection and it will cut out. either a pause and a restart or just stop completely. I can get it going again, but is this something within the Apple Music world, or I sure hope my original isn't giving up.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Exactly the same issue on all mine. And so damned random. It will also “play” a song but no volume at all even though volume is up. I have to skip forward to another track to get sound back. It’s utter crap like all Apple services.

WeatherWeasel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
Des Moines, Iowa
Exactly the same issue on all mine. And so damned random. It will also “play” a song but no volume at all even though volume is up. I have to skip forward to another track to get sound back. It’s utter crap like all Apple services.
I am retired almost 10 years. I have acquired music that I like and it gets annoying. Of course the last time this happened Apple had an update to the Homepod, then another and it worked until the next update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.