Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Volusia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2016
Central Florida
Just picked up a HomePod (music is fantastic on it) but having an issue with my Home settings. I have two rooms with Lutron dimmer switches, the living room and a bedroom. When I tell Siri, through the HP to turn on the bedroom light, it turns on the living room light. It works fine on the living room light, but can not apparently differentiate the two systems. It stills works fine via Siri on my iPhone.

Any recommendations?

TIA

Volusia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2016
Central Florida
Issue resolved. In case someone else has a similar issue will provide summary of fix. Within the Home app one switch was identified as Master Bedroom Main Light. Siri via the iPhone 8+ had no trouble turning that light on and off with the command "Turn on (off) bedroom light." The HomePod would turn on the living room light when instructed to turn on bedroom light.
Changed name in Home App from "Master Bedroom" to "Bedroom" (doubt we will hook up lights in other bedrooms). HomePod now has no trouble operating the light with the instruction "Turn on (off) bedroom light."
Strange that one device could understand but another could not...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.