Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

angelofioren

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2015
Mont-Saint-Hilaire, QC
Is anyone else having issues with timers not working on HomePods? I have a HomePod stereo pair, and 3 HomePod minis and timers don't work on any of them. I can't ask Siri for them, or start them manually in the home app on my iPhone. Everything else is working as it should.

I've restarted my network and the HomePods, but since it's happening on all of them, I don't think it's related to a specific HomePod.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Seems to work fine on mine. You need to be more specific about how you’re trying to activate a timer on what commands you are using and what is not happening

angelofioren

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2015
Mont-Saint-Hilaire, QC
Seems to work fine on mine. You need to be more specific about how you’re trying to activate a timer on what commands you are using and what is not happening
I try asking Siri, and I have tried using the Home App. I have not had trouble with them in the year I have had HomePods. Seems super odd that it's the one thing that is not working.

angelofioren

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2015
Mont-Saint-Hilaire, QC
I was able to get this sorted. Someone on Reddit said that in some cases, after a network reset (like after a firmware update) HomePods can have connectivity issues. It looks like one of my minis was causing a timer problem with all the others. A reset of all homepods sorted it out... I hope.

Reactions: Bazooka-joe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.