Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Thanks for this, now I can download the PPCAppStore on stock Safari and download a modern web browser from the Store! It used to be the other way around, which got frustrating because some of the browser download sites didn't work well with stock Safari.

Reactions: amagichnich

AphoticD

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2017
So I realized that PPCAppStore is a great platform, but the Wordpress site is too bloated to render properly on an old PowerMac. The solution?

http://txti.es/ppcappstore

This website renders great on any browser from the current millenium, and you can download the app with no troubles or crashes.

Great work! Your app is an excellent platform for keeping PPC apps available.

Just thinking aloud, but I wonder if anyone mirrored versiontracker.com before CNET took it down. It would make for a great foundation of PPC software to integrate into a platform like the PPCAppStore. It even dated right back to classic Mac OS.

- AphoticD

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Great work! Your app is an excellent platform for keeping PPC apps available.

Just thinking aloud, but I wonder if anyone mirrored versiontracker.com before CNET took it down. It would make for a great foundation of PPC software to integrate into a platform like the PPCAppStore. It even dated right back to classic Mac OS.

- AphoticD
The PPCAppStore was made by @redmanu, not @sidnoway. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.