Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you think a near future firmware update might fix any lingering anxieties or will Apple recall?

• Total voters

Dexter4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Canada
I think apple has to really provide us some good firmware updates very soon. I think this is one of those designs that was rushed (no excuses after 400+ days) to the market. It has some great potential but could have been more refined. A common concern for me is the time remaining shown (iStat menu). It fluctuates like crazy (Even though I consistently get 9 hours on average and sometimes 12+ with super light browsing usage.). Which means there are some underlying stability issues where the software is struggling to keep track of. Other than that it is a great machine. I hope the next 1-2 generations would perfect it.

Last edited:

idark77

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2014
I was thinking that you can add a third option:
- Nothing will change until next generation

Just my concern...

Reactions: mrex

hululu

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2016
i thought the non touch bar was the one that had the good battery life?

Dexter4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Canada
i thought the non touch bar was the one that had the good battery life?
Yes I consistently get 8-9 hours on average with medium use and 11+ with light use. But the indicators are an absolute *****. It is so annoying/paranoia inducing. E.g it says 53% remaining -> 2 hours. But it actually ends up lasting 4+ hours. I have thus disabled it until Apple's manages to fix its sensors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.