Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Micka88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 25, 2019
It is not a matter of just iOS 18 - it kept working so badly years before that. Hard to believe that Apple globally brags with 0,001mm thinner stuff, 10 more pixels etc. and these basic things keep working hopelessly all the time.

I used to have some old Samsung phone with Android - it was kept in the office for one year with hotspot on for all the users there. It kept on for one year without a single break and disconnection.

iPhone hotspot

1) hard to find: the second iPhone is 50 cm from mine and it shows all the internets around but not this one. It will (maybe) appear in 2-3 minutes there and often only after the second iPhone puts hotspot on and off few times.

2) hard to connect: it is 50 cm from mine, full 5G and after trying to connect it reports - can't connect (try to come closer etc.). I try 3-4 times, finally connects

3) few moments of inactivity - it disconnects and disappears and one has to search for it again and try to connect again

4) hotspot on the other phone returns to "not discoverable" all the time, impossible to keep it permanently connected.

How it could work like this for years ??? What are the guys at Apple doing there ? Are they serious?

Apple Airdrop 50% of attempts:

1) does not see the next iPhone

2) airdrop failed

3) after aidrop failed and you cancelled it you will get 50 airdrop delivery attempts and windows in the next 1 hours.

4) after many useless attempts you have to touch these phones to manage that

5) iOS 18 - you cannot make airdrop with an active hotspot, you have to disconnect it. Thank you Apple for this very useful upgrade!

Can't believe that ...

Reactions: antiprotest
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.