Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rudychidiac

Suspended
Original poster
May 2, 2012
Lebanon
Hi guys,

I recently enabled "guest network" on my Airport Extreme (Tower model, running version 7.7.8)
I connected as a guest to check the limitations and I noticed that Airplaying photos and videos to my Apple TV still works on it. I'd like to disable that, is there a way?

I tried searching on google for a solution but I couldn't find any...

Thanks a lot for helping!

Edit: I have an Apple TV 4

Rok73

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2015
Planet Earth
Isn't it only possible to connect to an Apple TV that is in the same network? What if you rename the guest network?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Isn't it only possible to connect to an Apple TV that is in the same network? What if you rename the guest network?
Actually not necessary to be on the same network any more, which is a really handy thing if you do want guests to be able to use it. There is peer-to-peer discovery now, I presume using Bluetooth. When you select an Apple TV that way, it displays a code on the TV - enter it on the phone/iPad - and you're connected.

rudychidiac

Suspended
Original poster
May 2, 2012
Lebanon

This only explains how to secure airplay-ing, I already set a password for airplay as a temporary solution. I thought there might be way to completely disable it for guests.

Thanks though!
[doublepost=1485809340][/doublepost]

My guest Network is called something other than my main network... And that's what I thought!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.