Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrfrnkfrtr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Hi! this is my first time posting! I just got photoshop cs3 and am teaching myself how to use it. i found this picture that i took a couple months ago and was wondering how i can edit and adjust it to make it look a little better, any help is appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• cruise 07 069.jpg
    cruise 07 069.jpg
    541 KB · Views: 104

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
It all depends on what you want to do with it. But for starters level out the horizon. Put a horizontal guide at the middle of the horizon an rotate the image in small steps counter clockwise till it matches the guide.

Anyone know if the auto rotate measurement tool works in CS3?

D

noromaru

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2007
More of a compositional thing, but I think horizons look a bit better if they're spit 1/3 water/foreground and 2/3 background rather than half and half. As far as CS3 goes, you could play with the saturation a bit, but like Anderson said, it all depends on what you want to do.

sk3pt1c

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
a simulacrum
i'd suggest you go over to lynda.com, check out and get yourself (by any means you like;) ) a training title on photoshop cs3, it helped me a lot!
video tutorials and the bomb! :) help you learn a lot faster! after that, the sky's the limit! ;)

Mrfrnkfrtr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
thanks for your fast replies! i just thought it was a pretty cool picture and didnt know if there was something i could do in curves or with sharpness or contrast or anything like that. also when i use liquify on my 2.4 mbp with a picture taken from my 8 mp sony dsc-h9 there is a delay to the point where i cannot use it "neatly", is that normal or is that a hardware or software probelm? thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.