Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BRMperc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2019
My elderly parents have had an iCloud family for a number of years. My mom runs it, as my dad has health issues. I'd like to put them both in my family (I wish they had let me years ago).
My dad has an Apple Watch that we use to help keep track of him, so I can't have it get messed up. Any suggestions on the best way?

AZhappyjack

macrumors G4
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
On your phone, go to Settings... tap on your name at the top... tap on Family Sharing (last item in the second section)... tap + Add Member... tap Invite People...and follow the prompts.

BRMperc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2019
So, my dad's watch is run through my mom's iPhone, using that newish family watch setup. My dad doesn't have his own iPhone. Will there be any issues bringing them over? Is there an order I should follow so we don't lose data?
Thanks for all of your help.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G4
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
So, my dad's watch is run through my mom's iPhone, using that newish family watch setup. My dad doesn't have his own iPhone. Will there be any issues bringing them over? Is there an order I should follow so we don't lose data?
Thanks for all of your help.

It didn't do anything wonky when I added my wife and another AppleID (one that I run on a test phone)... everything came across fine, and now we can share apps, iCloud storage and more.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.