Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sankalpa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2023
How can I prevent the "ideasset" process from consuming large amounts of data by downloading files following my update to Mac Sanoma?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 02.19.10.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 02.19.10.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 284

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I guess you mean "idleassetsd"
Its a TVos process that is used to download the motion wallpapers available on Sonoma. Don't know if you can choose not to do the downloads, as the user does not control those.
Of course, you can choose not use the moving backgrounds, if you wish.
Maybe if you don't use those, they won't download. Or, it's a background process that happens until any available moving wallpapers are downloaded.

Sankalpa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2023
I guess you mean "idleassetsd"
Its a TVos process that is used to download the motion wallpapers available on Sonoma. Don't know if you can choose not to do the downloads, as the user does not control those.
Of course, you can choose not use the moving backgrounds, if you wish.
Maybe if you don't use those, they won't download. Or, it's a background process that happens until any available moving wallpapers are downloaded.
Thanks for the clarification on 'idleassetsd'. I didn't realize it was a TVos process related to the motion wallpapers on Sonoma. I'll consider not using the moving backgrounds to see if that prevents the downloads. By the way, this is on a MacBook Air, not a TV. Appreciate your insight!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.