Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ilfracombe

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2011
When I use Mail to send multiple jpgs to anybody not using Mail, they are unable to download all of them at once, but have to download them one by one. This really irritates clients.

If I use another email client to send multiple jpgs, there is no problem. There is no problem with any attachments which are not embedded: if I use Mail to send multiple rtfs, there is no problem.

So, I'm presuming the problem is because Mail automatically embeds the jpg in the message.

However, I have also tried 'always insert attachments at end of message', and the problem still exists. Mail just embeds them at the end of the message.

All I want is for Mail to send the files as simple attachments.

Right now, if I want to carry on using Mail the only method I can find is to export all my images to the desktop and archive them into one big file. This is not ideal.
Seems like a simple problem to me. Can anybody help? (And please don't tell me that it is all the recipients' client at fault, and Mail is the only correct one. Whether or not that is true, it doesn't help)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.