Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bill P.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Stocks is listed under apps in my Watch App. However, it is not listed under "Installed on Apple Watch" or "Available Apps".

When I open Complications the only one shown is Weather and when I open Edit I'm not given an option to add anything else.

I know I'm missing something here. Thoughts/assistance appreciated.
[doublepost=1511199525][/doublepost]Hmm, I guess I don't really understand how Complications work. I unpaired my watch then paired it again. My Stock is now showing up properly on my watch face. Yet, Stocks aren't included under the Complications in my Watch App. Why is that??

Bill P.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Hi BenAigen,

Thanks for the above.

What I meant by not showing on Complications...when I click on Complications in the Watch App, Weather is the only complication showing. Beneath that under "Do Not Include" are Intervals, Things and Uber.

BenAigen

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2014
Up a hill
I understand what you mean - I don't use the Watch Apps available to me very much and just added Stocks on a new Face to see if it added to Complications, but, I have nothing showing in Complications.

Reactions: Bill P.

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
If you open the Watch app on iPhone and then scroll down to the Stocks app and tap it, have you set a default stock and chosen what the clock face complication shows? I’ve selected the FTSE 100.
Next, scroll back to the top of the Watch app page and tap on the face you’re currently using under My Faces. In my case it’s Modular. Tap on one of the 5 complication positions and then scroll through the options and you should be able to see and select Stocks as a data source.

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
I think it’s because Stocks is a “stock” or native app, and the My Watch > Complications list shows only third party apps that can show complications. Here’s my list:

5AE7DABD-2651-48AB-91E2-00BAD3B800A4.jpeg

Seamaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2003
I’ve stopped using the Stocks complication because of the number of times during the day it fails to update and just shows “– – –“. Anyone else?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.