Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wingsley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2014
About a year ago, I bought my first-ever iPhone. It sees light use as a voice-phone and texting device.

Lately, I've seen a noticeable up-tick in unwanted phone calls and text messages.

This one phone number from a distant area code, that I had never seen before recently, called me at least five times today. I'm getting tired of this.

How do I block this number? How do I block spam on my iPhone?

MY HARDWARE:
Apple iPhone SE (2022; 3rd generation) Model # MMX83LL/A 128 GB SSD
iOS version: 16.3.1
Network: U.S. Mobile

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
And Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers is an option if your address book (aka Contacts app) is up-to-date/complete.

Can also find a call blocker app in the App Store. Sorry, no suggestions as I'm on ATT and they have a good app that I use. Appears US Mobile does not have any call blocking solution for their network.

Reactions: Wingsley

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
Are you 100% it’s the same number? Never seen a previously blocked number appear again.

Wingsley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2014
Are you 100% it’s the same number? Never seen a previously blocked number appear again.
Yes. I triple-checked. It's the same number. This implies CallerID falsification is in use by the perpetrator.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.