Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

efp722

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Philly
i feel like this is a stupid question, but how do I bring up the movie menu after I start a movie? Hitting the menu key just takes me back to the TV app. Swiping up does nothing and swiping down shows me chapters and audio settings.

Am I missing something? My movie has iTunes Extras since the movie menu appeared when I selected the movie from my library.

Splutterbug

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2005
London
i feel like this is a stupid question, but how do I bring up the movie menu after I start a movie? Hitting the menu key just takes me back to the TV app. Swiping up does nothing and swiping down shows me chapters and audio settings.

Am I missing something? My movie has iTunes Extras since the movie menu appeared when I selected the movie from my library.

Just tried this with Jurassic Park. a quick press of the menu button, took it back to the film menu, a long press takes you back to the home scree. Try just tapping it quickly and see if it works.

What remote are you using? I never actually use the apple remote, I use either the app on my phone or my Harmony remote, try both the app and the official remote with long and short presses and see how that works.

efp722

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Philly
Just tried this with Jurassic Park. a quick press of the menu button, took it back to the film menu, a long press takes you back to the home scree. Try just tapping it quickly and see if it works.

What remote are you using? I never actually use the apple remote, I use either the app on my phone or my Harmony remote, try both the app and the official remote with long and short presses and see how that works.

Thanks. I’m using the regular remote. I’ll give it another shot. If it’s still not working I’ll just reboot. What harmony remote are you using? I hate the Apple remote.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007

Do you just hit the PLAY button if you are in the TV App to play the movie?
OR do you hit the CENTER "button" to get to the Movie Info Page, then hit Play...then hit Play?

I think if you hit the PLAY button on the movie Cover it'll automatically just play the movie. BUT if you dive into the movie you'll go section-by-section into it. if you Auto-Play it may just take you back out.

I've had some issues like this when using the TV App as a "guide" instead of just going in through the MOVIES App...if that makes any sense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.