Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ashmore1999

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2008
i was wondering how this is done. and also what kind of programs i would need ( hopefully not too expensive since it will just be for me to play around with at home ) .....

JohnnyGrimes-3.jpg

I was looking to do some story boards of my kids but i cant figure out how it is done.

Also i have seen where the background is a picture almost completely transparent and 2-3 "solid" pictures on top and wording.

sorry if this is a complete newbie question ... also i tried searching for storyboards but found nothing that i was looking for

Thanks

millar876

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2004
Kilmarnock, Scotland UK
Photoshop, and not that much effort, maybe an hour, hour and a half tops. Photoshop Elements is the cheap(er) consumer version and i think it retails for about £60-100 UK, maybe under $150, dont know US Prices. If you know what your doing with it it shouldnt take that rong to recreate

chrisburke

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2007
Photoshop, and not that much effort, maybe an hour, hour and a half tops.

yea an hour or so if you know how to use it, but clearly the OP doesnt know how to use PS, otherwise they would know this is how to make this kind of picture.. PS isn't an application that you can just install and BOOM you know how to do everything.. it takes a while... for a person whose never used PS before, this type of image could take some time...

i remember when I first started using different brushes for the first time, man it took me forever to make a big fancy poster.. but now, i can whip one up in no time

bertpalmer

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2007
Firstly - Yuk! That really is horrible - both the design and dead animals.

Two - it's very easy. You could use GIMP - which is free or photoshop. You need to do a background gradient and put some photos on top and mask out the bits you don't want so they fade in to the gradient.

ashmore1999

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2008
thanks to those who gave the constructive info on PS and gimp.

I was not however asking for info on if you like or dislike the picture itself or any info on your thoughts from PETA.

I wasnt sure if gimp could do that or not so i will give it a try

Thanks

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
thanks to those who gave the constructive info on PS and gimp.

I was not however asking for info on if you like or dislike the picture itself or any info on your thoughts from PETA.

I wasnt sure if gimp could do that or not so i will give it a try

Thanks
A lot of frames can also be purchased online. These cost from perhaps $8.00 to $12.00 per set. Shooterfreaks.com has some, but not like the one you posted.

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
...And a load of animals you've just slaughtered... :(

When I lived in the lower-48 States, I used to see a lot of dead deer and other animals by the side of busy roads. Now I see a lot of dead moose, porcupines, grouse, wolves (sometimes), all flattened by automobiles and trains. But nothing goes to waste. It feeds ravens, wolves, coyotes, foxes, magpies, seagulls, ants, all kinds of insects, and at times humans.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.