Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ToucanLach

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I’ve been praying for a weather wallpaper on iOS since dynamic wallpapers becAme a thing in iOS 7, and the only thing that has changed since then has been the introduction of the OLED-black wallpapers with the release of the iPhone X.

pls. Pls. Can we have some more dynamic wallpapers (weather included)?

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Yeah this isn’t really something to email Craig for. He’s a wonderful bloke, he does read and reply to emails - I’ve gotten one myself - but he has a flooded inbox I’m sure. There are better channels for this, like Apple’s feedback portal

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
Would such a thing be possible? Dynamic wallpapers are simple in comparison. Does Android have something similar?

ToucanLach

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Would such a thing be possible? Dynamic wallpapers are simple in comparison. Does Android have something similar?
Android has had similar things since at least 2011, I used to be very jealous of my friend’s HTC phone that had it. I doubt it would be that difficult, if anything it would be a question of whether having unique animations like that running in the background of springboard the whole time would negatively impact battery life. I imagine there’s a get out of Jail free card where the performance / battery life takes a hit and “it doesn’t meet the standards of an apple product”. Can’t blame them, but I’m sure it’s possible!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.