Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blizzforte

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 29, 2020
I can't sync the bookmarks on my iPad Pro to Safari on my MacBook Pro (2013) because it's too old and can't even update anymore. That means I can't export them at all, unless there is a way to export them on the iPad directly. I don't want to manually copy them over to Chrome or copy paste each URL to Gmail because there are hundreds of tabs in the bookmarks. That would take hours.

JD2015

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Unfortunately, iPadOS Safari doesn’t support import/export of bookmarks/favourites directly.

One option i guess copy the bookmarks contents in iOS safari onto notes which will then generate hyperlinks. Email the note to your preferred email client. At least you can then just click on the links when needed and it will directly open in the browser and you can save that way.

Last edited:

JD2015

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
IMG_0007.png

JD2015

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
There is a shortcuts option to export safari bookmarks on iOS into a html file (as with any external shortcut, use at your own risk) -

It appears to work when I run it as does generate a html file Which you can use to import into your MacBook Pro safari.

Last edited:
Reactions: blizzforte
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.