Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

igmolinav

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Hi,

I use a Nikon D50 camera and the resolution of the photos is set to "fine". How can I make them "lighter" or "less resolute" to be able send them by e-mail ??

Thank you,

Ignacio.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
igmolinav said:
Hi,

I use a Nikon D50 camera and the resolution of the photos is set to "fine". How can I make them "lighter" or "less resolute" to be able send them by e-mail ??

Thank you,

Ignacio.

Just open them in Photoshop and change the image size down to 800x600 or 1280x960 and then go File -> Save For Web and use Image Ready to adjust the quality. Save the resultant file to the desktop. Don't save the changes to the original image though.

Then just drag that (or those) jpeg files to the Mail icon in the dock and voila.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Mail.app should already do this.

If not, then you can create an script/workflow using Automator that you can use again and again for quickly resizing photos you selected to the resolution you specify. I wrote a script like that using Automator so that I can quickly change the size of a large batch of photos (or sometimes just 4-5 for posting here, or for emailing), and these photos then open up in Preview. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.