Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adriandegar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2016
Brooklyn, New York
How is it possible to have so many one star reviews for the primary accessory shipping with Apple's flagship product(s) and not have an official response or redesign from the world's most profitable tech company? I know Apple has doubled down on lightning amid rumors of a switch to USB-C. Why are these cables so fragile? Is the nature of the lightning port itself conducive to producing a fragile male connector?

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD818AM/A/lightning-to-usb-cable-1-m

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
How is it possible to have so many one star reviews for the primary accessory shipping with Apple's flagship product(s) and not have an official response or redesign from the world's most profitable tech company? I know Apple has doubled down on lightning amid rumors of a switch to USB-C. Why are these cables so fragile? Is the nature of the lightning port itself conducive to producing a fragile male connector?

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD818AM/A/lightning-to-usb-cable-1-m

After all the iPhone cables I have owned, I have never had an issue with any of them. I'm not saying there are not negative reviews out there or those who have had poor experiences. But I treat my cables responsibly and I have never had any of them fray or fall apart, or issues with the lightning connector itself. And also, Apple has change the lightning cable with a more durable material since the iPhone 7.

tjleonard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2013
After all the iPhone cables I have owned, I have never had an issue with any of them. I'm not saying there are not negative reviews out there or those who have had poor experiences. But I treat my cables responsibly and I have never had any of them fray or fall apart, or issues with the lightning connector itself. And also, Apple has change the lightning cable with a more durable material since the iPhone 7.
They did address it, wireless charging.

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2011
You have an issue with the charging cable? Well, that will be $20 to resolve your issue, sir.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005

the cables for the last couple years have held up better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.