Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you rather a full screen or normal display size?

• Total voters

wozmatic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
Just wondering how having an extra 1/2" of screen at the top and bottom benefit the user?

Do you think it's better?

Was there any problems with having a face that wasn't a full screen?

bslow1

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2017
Having it means that everyone will know that I'm rich and cool. And I will become very popular. And I will go around with my posse and we'll make fun of anyone who has the garbage iPhone 8.

Macalway

macrumors 601
Aug 7, 2013
Having it means that everyone will know that I'm rich and cool. And I will become very popular. And I will go around with my posse and we'll make fun of anyone who has the garbage iPhone 8.

So bitter.

Absrnd

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Flatland

And the social media you use is not about that ?

Rayban

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2008
Why have a touch screen at all? Why not have a dumb phone? Who's going to buy a cell phone for $400? Oh sorry thought I was in 2007 again.

PowerGala

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2016
Having a larger than iPhone 8 Plus screen in a nearly iPhone 8 size is very appealing to me.

If it's not for you, then Apple sells 8 different iPhones in multiple configurations. Personally, I'm sticking with my 6S until the X-2.

Reactions: springsup

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
Having a larger than iPhone 8 Plus screen in a nearly iPhone 8 size is very appealing to me.

If it's not for you, then Apple sells 8 different iPhones in multiple configurations. Personally, I'm sticking with my 6S until the X-2.

But it's not really like the 8 Plus screen size. The big benefit of the Plus is that it's wider and therefore it will feel larger than the X, which is almost as narrow as the regular iPhone 7/8. The X will however give you more screen vertically.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.