Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrdeluxe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2006
Right now I have a 2010 13-inch MacBook Pro and Creative Cloud apps (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat) are so painfully slow I want to throw my computer out of a window (not to mention the dozens of background processes that merely having CC installed on my computer seems to create).

I was really considering a 12-inch MacBook since the most that I use my computer these days is to write, browse the web, manage PDFs and build and present keynote slides. However, I do have the occasional need to do some light design work and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Creative Cloud installed on a MacBook (and what model do you have).

Thank you!

ShionoyaTamaki

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2011
Right now I have a 2010 13-inch MacBook Pro and Creative Cloud apps (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat) are so painfully slow I want to throw my computer out of a window (not to mention the dozens of background processes that merely having CC installed on my computer seems to create).

I was really considering a 12-inch MacBook since the most that I use my computer these days is to write, browse the web, manage PDFs and build and present keynote slides. However, I do have the occasional need to do some light design work and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Creative Cloud installed on a MacBook (and what model do you have).

Thank you!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2010) Intel Core 2 Duo
Geekbench score
P8800 - 2647
P8600 - 2455

Macbook (12-inch Early 2016) Intel Core-M
Geekbench score
m3-6y30 - 5086
m5-6y54 - 5889
m7-6y75 - 6807

12" will be at least 2x faster.

Reactions: mrdeluxe

KohPhiPhi

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2011
My girlfriend has the new MacBook m7, and she does some PhotoShop with raw images and quite a few layers. Absolutely no slow down whatsoever. This little beauty is VERY snappy!

Reactions: mrdeluxe and KPOM

mrdeluxe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2006
12" will be at least 2x faster.

tbh 2x faster isn't fast enough… this is really slow with CC! :/

My girlfriend has the new MacBook m7, and she does some PhotoShop with raw images and quite a few layers. Absolutely no slow down whatsoever. This little beauty is VERY snappy!

That's great to hear! Do you know if she has Creative Cloud running?

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007

I have the standard m3 and it works great with Photoshop.

Reactions: mrdeluxe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.