Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewdale

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Memphis, TN
Hey everyone,

I posted this over on the peripherals forum, but it hasn't gotten any answers yet, so I'm going to ask it here, in a quicker, less wordy version.

If you have a Canon printer (we're using the iP4500), how do YOU print TRUE 4x6 pictures. Not the stupid, borderless, 4.25x5.5 junk.

On a Windows PC, this is easy, as the print software included in Windows has an option to print 4x6s. However, the Canon software just wants to print borderless stuff. I need to know how to print true 4x6s on a sheet of 8.5x11.

Any help would be great!

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
Hey everyone,

I posted this over on the peripherals forum, but it hasn't gotten any answers yet, so I'm going to ask it here, in a quicker, less wordy version.

If you have a Canon printer (we're using the iP4500), how do YOU print TRUE 4x6 pictures. Not the stupid, borderless, 4.25x5.5 junk.

On a Windows PC, this is easy, as the print software included in Windows has an option to print 4x6s. However, the Canon software just wants to print borderless stuff. I need to know how to print true 4x6s on a sheet of 8.5x11.

Any help would be great!
I have a HP and an Epson printer, but always use photo editing software such as PSE and others to set the printer, although I set the software to use the printer's color management. For example, lets say that I am using PSE6 to edit a photo, and then print it. In this case I select "Print," and when the print window appears on the screen, I select the print size I want from the list, choose the printer I want to print the photo, allow the printer to control color management and such, and then select "Print" at the bottom of the window.

andrewdale

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Memphis, TN
Well, you could do it that way. The primary thing that differs from Windows to Mac is the ability to use the paper efficiently.

On Windows, you can print three 4x6s to one page. That is the most efficient usage of a 8.5x11 sheet. A way to do this would be GREAT!

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Andrew...

What program are you using to do the printing in? You mention Canon, are you using the Easy-Photoprint EX?

If I am not mistaken, this has a feature for printing 4X6 prints.

andrewdale

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Memphis, TN
Andrew...

What program are you using to do the printing in? You mention Canon, are you using the Easy-Photoprint EX?

If I am not mistaken, this has a feature for printing 4X6 prints.

I am using Easy PhotoPrint EX. It does have a feature for 4x6 prints, but it's not true 4x6s. It's four prints to a page, which can NOT be true 4x6. Unless there is an updated version that I need to download.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.