Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

codeunrwolfpack

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2009
Please list if you use it with the Apple Pencil or not, what case you have it in (as I recall there was a couple threads about the Magic Keyboard scratching iPads), and how it is holding up so far now. I know there were some concerns about durability after the JerryRigEverything video, so I am curious how everyone's iPad Pro Nano is holding up so far. I was one of the dumb ones who returned my iPad Pro Nano because I was concerned about it's durability, but I decided I will just be careful with mine so I am waiting for Apple to ship me the new one that I bought. Thanks!

SierraVista

macrumors member
May 20, 2024
if you use it with the Apple Pencil or not
Yes.

what case you have it in
Smart Folio and Smart Keyboard Folio

how it is holding up so far now
I haven’t seen the mentioned video but I’ve been using an 11” Nano daily since launch (3-5 hours screen time per day… don’t ask), and haven’t noticed it to be any less durable than the M1 11” Pro that it replaced. Granted, it mostly sits on my desk/couch but it’s been jostled around in my bag folded in the SKF more than a few times, and I haven’t noticed any damage to the display. Neither has there been any damage from using the Apple Pencil, but I use it only sporadically.

Really, the only change to how I treat the nano display, relative to the M1 iPad, is that I do use only the included polishing cloth to clean it. Obviously it hasn’t been that long since release day, so we’ll have to see how the durability question plays out in the long term but I can say so far that I haven’t felt the need to “baby“ the nano at all.

Reactions: codeunrwolfpack

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
It’s holding up well. I don’t use the pencil that often, but I do use the Magic Keyboard. No scuffing from what I can tell.

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
Really, the only change to how I treat the nano display, relative to the M1 iPad, is that I do use only the included polishing cloth to clean it.

Yeah, this. No problems here. Usage 90% without any case/cover, 10% with Smart Folio. Best tech purchase in a long time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.