Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Richy85

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2020
My wife has an AWS4 with a battery performance of 77%, in my country there is no official store where she can change the battery, but in October she will be traveling to London for a few days and she wanted to know if anyone has already done the battery change (I know they actually give you a refurbished one) and how long does it take?

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
If not mistaken, all AW battery work is mail-in. Apple Store will not swap Watches in-store, but they will be able to send it off for service then setup in-store pickup.

So, might as well take care of it at home. Have Apple send you a mail-in kit and then wait the week or less to get a refurb sent back.

ADD: older thread talking about it's mail-in, no in-store replacement.

Last edited:
Reactions: jagooch and Richy85

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Yeah just to confirm this. While I haven't had this done in London, I have in Toronto which would have similar standards in delivery. An AW4 was taken to a store, and they basically sent the AW4 in and we got a notification saying it's ready, when it arrived. It did take a few days, it was not walk in with a new one and out with an old one.

Reactions: NoBoMac and Richy85
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.