Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Piggy_Hilton

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
I am going to buy an iPhone7 32G silver. I wonder how long is the battery life of iPhone7. I often go for trips, and wondering should I buy a portable charger for my iphone first?

Piggy_Hilton

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
I'd personally go with an Anker portable charger off Amazon. They are extremely powerful and a well-respected company with great reviews.
Yep, Anker is the most popular power bank on Amazon now. They seems good. Thanks for the recommendation!
But Anker choice is limited for me, they only have black color. I prefer colorful power bank for my phone.
[doublepost=1474178536][/doublepost]
I think Yoobao is a good choice. I got one several days ago and works well. Love the Yoobao!:)
Yoobao seems good. Thanks for the recommendation!

BeefSupreme

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
I'd buy Anker before anything else. They have a name to protect, unlike some no name Chinese company that might burn my house down.

itisme1760

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2008
California
I use the Anker charger, the 20k mah one. That one you can charge the iPhone many many times! I went a week long camping trip and only had that charger and it lasted me!

Reactions: Mlrollin91

chriscrowlee

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2015
San Diego, CA
I think Yoobao is a good choice. I got one several days ago and works well. Love the Yoobao!:)

I've had 5 or 6 Yoobao, they are the best in the industry. You can buy them in many sizes, and they are high quality and made with metal casings that come in gold\rose gold\silver to match your phone (likely soon to have black and jet black).

I go to Thailand\China\SE Asia every other month and always buy the new Yoobao there when I go. The unique aspect of the Yoobao is they offer models that charge off lightning cable, so you don't have to carry a second cable that's microUSB like EVERY OTHER BATTERY PACK ON THE MARKET. That was what sealed the deal for me.

http://www.yoobao.com/en/product.asp?b_id=143&m_id=215&a_id=879

That's the one I have currently. It charges the iPhone 6+\7+ 3 times or so. The website has higher\lower capacity in the same design, and bigger\smaller size depending on your needs.

Not sure who sells them in the US tho... Was just in Bangkok this past week and bought 2 cause I love them so much. I can't say enough good things about them. Have had Anker and all of the other brands... nothing wrong with them, they're just not as cool looking, and don't have the lightning charging capability of the Yoobao.

Reactions: ubgo36

Piggy_Hilton

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
I'd buy Anker before anything else. They have a name to protect, unlike some no name Chinese company that might burn my house down.
What?! That is scary! I think I'd better buy a good quality charger. Thanks for reminding!
[doublepost=1474251703][/doublepost]
Everything is made in china. But Anker isn't some anonymous company who will throw the lowest bidder lipos in a case.
Yes, I just did some research on Anker. They are made in China, but not sell in China. They are all for Amazon. In China, there are many other charger brands that seems better than Anker.
[doublepost=1474252680][/doublepost]
I've had 5 or 6 Yoobao, they are the best in the industry. You can buy them in many sizes, and they are high quality and made with metal casings that come in gold\rose gold\silver to match your phone (likely soon to have black and jet black).

I go to Thailand\China\SE Asia every other month and always buy the new Yoobao there when I go. The unique aspect of the Yoobao is they offer models that charge off lightning cable, so you don't have to carry a second cable that's microUSB like EVERY OTHER BATTERY PACK ON THE MARKET. That was what sealed the deal for me.

http://www.yoobao.com/en/product.asp?b_id=143&m_id=215&a_id=879

That's the one I have currently. It charges the iPhone 6+\7+ 3 times or so. The website has higher\lower capacity in the same design, and bigger\smaller size depending on your needs.

Not sure who sells them in the US tho... Was just in Bangkok this past week and bought 2 cause I love them so much. I can't say enough good things about them. Have had Anker and all of the other brands... nothing wrong with them, they're just not as cool looking, and don't have the lightning charging capability of the Yoobao.
WOW! Thank you very much for the information! I just checked Yoobao, it seems to be a very good brand. And I checked the website, http://www.yoobao.com/en/ they do have many different kinds of products, and they have so many different models for power bank!That is cool! As you said, Yoobao power bank has lightning input, which means I don't need to bring two cables for charging my iPhone and power bank. I only need to bring my lightning cable which can charge my iPhone and the power bank. Very convenient design for iPhone users! What's more, Yoobao has so many colors for the power bank, I like the colors. I think I will buy one Yoobao power bank on Amazon.
Thank you for the recommendation!

chriscrowlee

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2015
San Diego, CA
Yes, I just did some research on Anker. They are made in China, but not sell in China. They are all for Amazon. In China, there are many other charger brands that seems better than Anker.

Thank you for the recommendation!

Yeah, people in the US are blinded by whatever Amazon pushes in their face, and Amazon really pushes the heck out of Anker (profits profits profits, LOL). Those who don't travel don't know there's more out there than Anker...

Piggy_Hilton

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
The iPhone 7 has two hours of extra battery time as compared to iPhone 6. iPhone 7 has 14% larger battery than iPhone 6.
Yes, thanks for the info! I just got my i7 and will start to test it soon.
[doublepost=1474427085][/doublepost]
Your avatar.....

Doesn't look like an eskie's face... so I was double checking it's a Samoyed and assumed it was yours...

But I guess not or you'd know what a Samoyed is/was...
LOL.... So you are talking about my avatar! Actually this dog is adopted by my girlfriend. She likes dogs so much while I don't like dogs. I don't have any knowlege about dogs. Eskie or Samoyed, I don't know, dogs look the same, aren't they?My girlfriend asked me to put the dog avatar on social media, she said maybe this will help to find the owner of the dog. Who knows!
[doublepost=1474427527][/doublepost]
Better then my old galaxy s7!
How long is the battery life of S7? I used iPhone all the time, I don't know much about other phones.

Bellamy-Wong

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2015
USA
Yep, Anker is the most popular power bank on Amazon now. They seems good. Thanks for the recommendation!
But Anker choice is limited for me, they only have black color. I prefer colorful power bank for my phone.
[doublepost=1474178536][/doublepost]
Yoobao seems good. Thanks for the recommendation!
What do you mean? Better than Anker?

Piggy_Hilton

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
I checked Yoobao power bank on Amazon, they look colorful and nice. I am going to buy Yoobao. I think Anker is so limited on the choice of color. Black or white, so dumb! I'd rather to choose a unique brand.
[doublepost=1474430266][/doublepost]
Are you Vietnamese? Your avatar seems so Vietnamese....

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
Yes, thanks for the info! I just got my i7 and will start to test it soon.
[doublepost=1474427085][/doublepost]
LOL.... So you are talking about my avatar! Actually this dog is adopted by my girlfriend. She likes dogs so much while I don't like dogs. I don't have any knowlege about dogs. Eskie or Samoyed, I don't know, dogs look the same, aren't they?My girlfriend asked me to put the dog avatar on social media, she said maybe this will help to find the owner of the dog. Who knows!
[doublepost=1474427527][/doublepost]
How long is the battery life of S7? I used iPhone all the time, I don't know much about other phones.
I had to charge my galaxy 2-3 times a day, this phone will last easy without charging for atleast 15 hours or more. I love this phone. I always had galaxy but the iPhone is way better.

CanAusderMeile

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Lovely,neverhadthisbeforewithmy6

Attachments

• IMG_0060.PNG
    IMG_0060.PNG
    251.8 KB · Views: 143

Bellamy-Wong

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2015
USA
I checked Yoobao power bank on Amazon, they look colorful and nice. I am going to buy Yoobao. I think Anker is so limited on the choice of color. Black or white, so dumb! I'd rather to choose a unique brand.
[doublepost=1474430266][/doublepost]
Are you Vietnamese? Your avatar seems so Vietnamese....
What does that have to do with you? You hadn't still answered my questions. It is very rude:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.