Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lvxmr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2022
I received a Mac Studio yesterday from the Apple Store online. I reported the problem to Support and asked for a replacement. My Mac Studio has a custom configuration. I wonder if I will be given priority or if the replacement order has fallen to the end of the order list?

The date at the time of processing is 10-12 weeks, which is terrible for me. Support tells me that this date should change, but they don't guarantee it (so they know nothing if I get priority or not). I would like to ask if anyone has ever had a similar situation, and got replacement faster?

The problem in my Mac Studio was weird. Initially, I could not set the correct time and log in to the Apple ID (Internet connection was OK). After rebooting, I experienced a boot-loop (I heard 10 times or so boot sound), finally followed by manual turn-off which made me enter recovery mode. After some attempt to start it was successful, I saw a message that restore is necessary - but not work, errors have occurred. DFU and then using the revive option in Apple Configurator also didn't help, I kept getting various errors. I think I did everything possible to restore the system. I am a technical person. This is the first time something like this happened to me.

F-Train

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2015
NYC & Newfoundland
It sounds like this exchange hasn't progressed to the point where you have a delivery date for a replacement. If that's correct, maybe call Apple and ask.

You're in a situation where you're exchanging a computer for one with the same specs. I'd like to think that Apple flags these types of exchanges and expedites them.

I'm assuming that you aren't changing the specs, which Apple is likely to see as a straightforward trade-up. I returned a base Mac Studio Max yesterday and ordered one with higher specs. I didn't expect, nor receive, any prioretisation on delivery.

Last edited:
Reactions: lvxmr
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.